- running errands with just ONE child, specifically a CUTE toddler girl, by choice, on a saturday morning is fun
- said toddler girl LOVES to sing “Jesus Loves Me” and the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”
- it’s FUN to sing toddler songs at the top of your lungs in the car with your toddler
- you must clap and laugh hysterically after singing said songs at the top of your lungs; your toddler won’t stop smiling for ages
- a cute, toddler girl actually LISTENS and OBEYS mommy when she’s the only child on an adventure
- this cute, toddler girl will walk through a store, holding mommy’s hand and behave BEAUTIFULLY even if mommy stops to look at something just a wee bit too long
- the cute, toddler girl is very good at carrying things in a store. especially yams, peppers, zucchini, small bags of hardware and a box of flash cards (not all purchased at the same store!)
- this cute, toddler girl is not perfect. there are a few screws or bolts or nuts or something now in the wrong bins at True Value in Lynden. i apologize profusely to whatever employee has to find the out-of-place items and return them. that aisle of little bins is a bit overwhelming!
sometimes i wonder what i missed (am missing) by having my kids so close together. sometimes i wonder what my kids missed out on (specifically davey, but samantha, too), by having my kids so close together. then i remember the way the twins giggle when they’re playing together. and the way the twins LOVE their baby sister. and the way alex ADORES her big brother and sister and can’t stop watching them when they’re nearby. and i know that we made the right choice. that God created this beautiful family for us. it’s not easy, but this is my life. and it’s pretty darn good.