has it already been 7 months with this sweet girl as part of our family?
we had a rough start but we have pulled through those very difficult times and we now have a happy, healthy, big girl to show for it. here’s a little list of samantha at 7 months:
- wearing size 6-9 and 6-12 month clothing
- wearing size 3 diapers
- LOVES to eat cheerios, puffs and baby food
- prefers GREEN veggies to orange ones
- can (easily) eat TWO stage 2 veggie containers for a meal
- has not yet tried fruit
- still takes 2 naps a day (occasionally 3)
- sleeps from (roughly) 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- seems to be finished with nursing
- still has big blue eyes
- sits up unassisted
- rolls over (especially back to tummy)
- loves to smile but still doesn’t laugh too much
- intently watches everything davey does
- still thoroughly enjoys her time in the exersaucer and doorway jumper
- is fascinated by remote controllers
- sat in the shopping cart today (first time)
- likes to hold her own bottle
- spent a lot of time yesterday sucking on her big toe (until it was pruny!)
- her feet get sweaty quite easily
- still has big ham-hock thighs! (so cute)!
- has thick, thick hair (that is growing very, very slowly – says the mom who desperately wants to put her daughter’s hair in pigtails)
- will "take" a pacifier every once in awhile
- has eaten real rice and french fries
- is super smiley (is that a word) when i get her from her crib
- new favorite past time: spitting and in other ways playing with her tongue, lips and saliva!
Samantha, we love you so much. You have blessed our family in so many ways. You have stretched our hearts to contain more love than we thought possible. You are a delight. A joy. A sweetheart. And you will forever be our little "porkchop!"
and totally unrelated…. b/c i want to maybe win something….. here’s a link to a FUN blog with a new scrapbooking kit club adventure: MARGIE’S BLOG