oh. my. heavens. i’m lucky to keep my days straight… forget having the correct DATE in my mind. what an awful mom i am to write such things about sweet little samantha on her 5-month birthday. sheesh! she is a stinker. she’s not sleeping well. but i could’ve written that on a different day! (and last night i only had to get up twice – that’s an improvement over 4 times)!
so today we will celebrate samantha’s 5th month birthday. and nana (my mom)’s xxth birthday. truth be told, i no longer remember how old she is. seriously. and i can’t remember the year she was born. so mom, i guess you can be however old you want to be! so in honor of two birthdays, two photos from just over a month ago:
nana with her youngest granddaughter. i call them [the photos] "big yawn" and "true joy."
and mom, i apologize in advance that your present was mailed today. i know. i know. you got my card here in time for my birthday (well, a day late since my birthday was on MLK day this year which meant no mail service) but i have failed. but i got your gift in the mail on your birthday… that’s a pretty good second, right?! you should have it in 2-3 days.
this photo was taken this morning:
samantha at 5 months:
- 16 pounds 3.5 ounces (i had her "officially" weighed this morning)
- eats rice cereal and seems to like it
- is no respecter of beverages – nursing, formula and pumped milk are equally tasty
- has bigger thighs than davey ever had
- has started growling. yes. growling. it’s so cute.
- told me a whole story this morning. so sweet.
- still wearing 3-6 month clothing (some stuff is getting too short!)
- may have rolled over from back to tummy twice this week (or maybe davey rolled her?)
- likes music
- gives the BIGGEST smiles i’ve ever seen!
- should be in size 3 diapers but i’m trying (desperately) to use up her size 2s
- LOVES to watch her big brother do EVERYTHING
- can pull herself to a standing position
- holds her head up very well
- is drooling like a mad fiend
- LOVES when people talk to/with her
- is often found with her hand or fingers or thumb in her mouth
- still not a fan of bath-time
- still has some baby dry-skin issues