friday: august 22



(photos from this morning’s bathtime… he LOVED his bath this morning. he did NOT want to get out… kept looking the other way when i’d ask "are you ready to get out of the tub?")


it’s been an interesting week here. dave and i have played musical vehicles this week. the pathfinder is still in the shop. dave said when he drove by the shop yesterday it was FINALLY moved out of the spot where the tow truck driver parked it, so hopefully that means they at least looked at the damage. but that means it sat there for half a week…. half a week when parts could have been on order! but i’m still thankful that the accident wasn’t worse… that davey and i are safe… that the other drive and all the other passengers were fine and unharmed… that it was limited to just our two vehicles… but still, it’s frustrating to be without transportation. 


being stuck in the house (it’s been cold and rainy all week) hasn’t been as bad as i might have thought. davey has played pretty well in the bonus room, which has allowed me to get quite a few projects started and/or completed for the antique & craft show. today, however, i’m so tired that i just can’t get myself up to my craft space to keep working!


davey is still ALL OVER the place. he is one BUSY little boy, constantly exploring, searching, seeking and trying out new things. he loves his toys and he loves things that he THINKS are his toys (like cups, ice cream scoops, dish towels, etc.). all his recent fussy-ness finally makes sense… he has TWO new teeth (on the bottom). so he’s up to 8 teeth now (though no sightings of his 12-month molar teeth yet)! earlier this week he was down to one nap a day (only 2 hours long) which made for the added bonus that he was IN BED by 8 p.m. and slept until 7:30 or 8 in the morning! he’s not doing this consistently yet (he still has 2-nap days and some shorter nights) but i think we’re moving in the right direction. i much preferred his routine last sat/sun when he took a 3 to 3-1/2 hour nap and still slept for about 11-12 hours each night. but right now i’ll take what i can get!


and with that, i should stop rambling. i was waiting for fed ex to deliver a package today, but i just checked the tracking information and found out it’s still in UTAH…. so it’s set for delivery on monday. darn! i was looking forward to seeing the latest purchases from nana!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>