Saturday: April 19th
these things are odd (perhaps even seriously odd):
- the weather. it snowed this week – at least three times. it also hailed. rained. was sunny. and is crazy-windy today. last saturday it was 70 and sunny. don’t think we’ll have another day like that for awhile.
- davey’s naps. thursday night/friday morning he decided to be awake from 3:20 to 4:30 a.m. neither dave nor i slept during that time. and neither of us was happy about it. then, he didn’t wake up until 9 a.m. and then only took one nap for the day from noon to 1:45. last night he slept through the night (8:15 p.m. to 6:30 when he got a binky and 7 when daddy fed him) and then took a three hour nap (10 a.m. to p.m..). he normally takes a one hour nap in the morning.
- i have been able to scrapbook a few times this week. and play with my supplies. and put stuff away. and rearrange a little. this rarely happens. maybe it has something to do with getting my new adhesive gun in the mail (my first one was defective).
i actually FINISHED a number of layouts from the last TWO crops i attended (in february and april)… and they’re now sitting in a box waiting to be put into albums (that’s a whole ‘nother project!)
- it’s saturday and we have no plans. not one. nothing looming before us. (this "seriously odd" item feels nice!)
- my brother called me last sunday. he normally calls on my birthday. and dave’s birthday. and maybe certain holidays (like christmas and thanksgiving). i loved talking to him. and it appears he called "just because." i love that he did that. but it was out of the norm (aka: odd)!
- davey, who normally has hot, sweaty feet (seriously, i think that kid could walk through a blizzard without socks and his feet would stay warm) had FREEZING COLD feet this morning when i got up. i dressed him in one of the warmest outfits i could find…. a fuzzy, fleece lined sweatshirt with matching (NOT fleeced-lined sweatpants) from nana. it’s brown and tan and super cute!
- i made cookies the other day and even though i’ve eaten quite a few of them (hey – if they’re there, i’ll eat them), they haven’t tasted very good to me. not like they taste funny. but just like i no longer like chocolate chip cookies (GASP!). that’s also very odd. (i’ve known the toll house chocolate chip cookie recipe BY HEART since i was about 8 years old – go ahead, test me sometime on the ingredients.)
- i’m sure there are many other odd things, but that’s all i can think of for now. i’ll leave you with lots of photos of my layouts from the april crop (including the layouts i had to "finish"):
but then you talk to different people about it and leah gives you some great advice on how to "fix" it without re-scrapping it (can’t get that paper anymore):
(hey meg – recognize those buttons?)