monday: march 17th
so i’m still recovering from the craft show. i didn’t realize how tired i was. but i think i’m also fighting off some icky bug… so that could definitely add to my exhaustion. for most of the day yesterday, i lounged on the couch and watched dave and davey play, laugh, interact and just have a lot of fun.
davey is still anti-tummy time, but he has been rolling over a little more often. davey was lying on a blanket on the floor yesterday, playing with some of his toys. once he got tired of the toys, he started playing with the blanket. at one point, he had the blanket pulled over his head and body… he completely covered himself with the blanket. we just watched, waiting for the "get me out of here!" cries. they never came. we just watched the blanket move as he kick-kick-kicked his chubby chunky legs. dave grabbed the camera a few seconds too late, so we don’t have a photo of him happily kicking away while 100% covered, but dave did get a few photos. i think the funniest thing is this playful activity was entirely initiated by davey. i looked at dave and said "he’s really changed in just the past week, hasn’t he?! he’s getting more and more interactive and fun." dave agreed.
"hey daddy, are you looking? i’ve been here for awhile:"
i see you, daddy:
i’m so proud of myself for playing peek-a-boo with daddy:
see that squint and squished up face? that’s davey’s newest smile. he’s been doing it for a few weeks now. so darn cute!
and yes, i know, i never did post those 7-month photos and now davey is EIGHT MONTHS OLD! we keep forgetting to take his photo, though. but here’s what he’s up to these days:
- starting to sit up on his own
- starting to roll over (mostly from back to tummy)
- eating all stage 1 and stage 2 foods (including some meats)
- poops at least twice a day
- still LOVES to stand
- puts his hand up to his head (and sometimes pulls at his hair) when he’s tired
- takes 2 naps a day (45-60 minutes each)…. SOMETIMES i can get a third nap into him for about 30 minutes long
- weighs around 17 pounds
- still a HAPPY baby
- talking more and more every day… really into "ba-ba-ba" and "ma-ma-ma" sounds lately
- (finally) wearing 6-9 month clothing (though he can still wear some of his 3-6 month stuff… though it’s all pretty small on him now)
- still likes to be in the baby bjorn or his stroller
- going through another growth spurt (last night woke up at 2 a.m. to eat about 7 ounces and woke up again at 7 a.m. to eat another 6.5 ounces)
that’s all i can think of right now. have a good night!